Starbuck and Apollo make a new buddy in Li’l Leo.
The final showdown.
Mine and my son’s Top 10 toys of 2022.
In no particular order, save left to right:
* Hasbro Marvel Legends Amazing Fantasy 15 Spider-Man 60th Anniversary
* Neca Toys Toony Terrors Kessler Wolf (Jack Goodman is at back middle)
* Hasbro G.I. Joe Classified Outback
* Funko ST4 Eddie Munson POP
* Artiqfox Spark-ling
* Plunderlings Drench Abyss (repping all four Drench releases in 2022 - Koral, Maru, and Arctic + Hatchlings)
* Neca Toys TMNT Usagi Yojimbo
* Hasbro G.I. Joe Classified B.A.T. (scheduled for 2022 release even though they started showing up in late 2021)
* Hasbro Marvel Legends Black Panther (Jack Kirby design)
* Onell Design Armorvor Core Aetheric Gaurrec
I have one in the mail to me that I’m pretty sure would have made the cut but it won’t be here until January 3.
Call us “dumb bunnies” one. more. time.
Bo kata by early morning light.
Profiles in Plastic: Donatello
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Playmates Toys
Okay, first I have to admit that this is not the classic 1984 TMNT Donnie. My original was lost years ago, likely to my brother who claimed lord of my toys as his when I went off to college. I had protected many like my LEGO, Star Wars, and my customized G.I. Joe strike force. But Turtles were kinda common ground. It was one of the few lines in which we both took interest. Him more than me. But I had Donnie and Usagi Yojimbo. For some reason, I still have Miyamoto Usagi, but not Donatello.
Anyway, I always loved Donatello because, when I took martial arts as a kid, Bo staffs were one weapon we were allowed to use in katas. No swords, no sais, no shuriken. But bos and nunchaku were fine. I just didn’t trust myself with nunchaku and there was always something so much more refined about bo staffs. I can’t really explain it. As a result, I gravitated more toward Donnie. And that love always stuck.